Animal Realm

A blog for all animal and reptile related posts, stories, jokes, photos.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Keeping Venomous Reptiles.

Due to the serious possible consequences of handling such venomous snakes I thought I would do a post on each snake listed from Cody Bartolini of MojaveReptiles impressive list of snakes.

My first post will be information about the Russell's Viper.

I will use information from a few books I have as well as information posted from Universities and notable reptile sites.

In the event that I post some bit of data that is either incorrect or that has been since updated please write and let me know so that I can correct it.

By no means do I totally discourage people from learning about snakes. I think everyone should learn enough to understand that snakes are not the horror show villains they have been made out to be. They are beautiful and necessary to the environment.

Without them we would soon be overrun with disease-ridden, destructive rodents.

Snakes are more afraid of us than we are of them. Usually if given the opportunity a snake will retreat to safety rather than attack.

If you see or encounter any snake, please think before you simply destroy an animal that is only trying to live.

Give it the chance to escape and it likely will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home