Animal Realm

A blog for all animal and reptile related posts, stories, jokes, photos.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

"I should be dead" By Peter Jenkins

Peter Jenkins armFrom Venomous Reptiles.org
read this incredible story of a snake bite survivor.

This graphic photo is the result of a bite from Crotalus Horridus, A Timber Rattlesnake.


Crotalus HorridusStudy, admire, love and protect these very necessary, beautiful and fascinating animals but please, give them a wide berth and don't ever handle any snake especially venomous ones! Let's leave that to professionals.

1 Comments:

Blogger JOEL LA ROCQUE said...

Hi Peter:
I have been researching the evolution of both the Timber and Eastern diamondback species of rattlesnake venom over the past 50 years. I am very sorry you had this experience, should it have taken place about fifty years or more in the past you would have not had such a terrific experience from the bite.
On Dec. 05 2005 I was tagged on the right foot by an EDB, the first reaction ( within four minutes ) was the metallic taste in my mouth. I KNEW then that I was right about my theory on the evolution of certain species of rattlesnakes venom. You are further proof of that.
I do so hope you are doing better and I prey you will be safe in the future. As I write this I am glancing at my captive species and can only imagine what is taking place within the venom glands of these marvelous animals.
Anyway my best to you and your wife, hope you have a great holiday season
Truly yours
Joel T La Rocque
joellarocque@gmail.com

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home