Animal Realm

A blog for all animal and reptile related posts, stories, jokes, photos.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Snakes on a plane

With Samuel Jackson's new movie Snakes on a Plane opening Friday, August 18th, I thought I would do a post about it. I can't wait to see what they've done with it. It's likely the snakes will be the bad guys again. This isn't new though.

Normally movies tend to make all the snakes the bad guys. Boo to them. That isn't fair. Personally I think snakes are great. As most of my readers know, I love and respect them. I have a Ball Python, "Sierra" who I love dearly. I find snakes to be beautiful, interesting and very necessary to our world. Still most people are afraid of if not downright terrified of snakes. That's sad.

National Geographic has an interesting article about frequent fliers that some passengers may not know they are flying with.

Black Mamba Video also on National Geographic's news site. Check out the video if you can.

The site also has some links to interesting articles about snakes and snake related topics.

Also, NG.com has a link regarding King Cobras. I respect them as being extremely deadly snakes and I would never handle one. However I do understand that snake charmers use this as a means to earn a living. I do not agree with or approve of the defanging of these snakes. That is cruel and should be outlawed.

Please take the time to read, learn and find out about snakes. If you can't love them perhaps with education you can respect them enough to see their beauty and value and to help other people see that they deserve to be protected.

Photos, links and articles associated with this post are the property of NationalGeographic.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home