Animal Realm

A blog for all animal and reptile related posts, stories, jokes, photos.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Gabon, Sierra and other stuff.




After loading up another photo of my sweet Sierra who is currently in the opaque cycle of a shed so she's not as playful as she normally is. I thought I would finish up my trip entry. It is Tuesday morning and I have finally just finished sending my entry into Reptile Magazine for the Gabon Africa entry. I don't know if I will win but I've certainly given it my best shot.

I wrote an essay as well as sent them several of my photos at a highly reduced size as well as my story about volunteering in Australia. So now we wait.

I kept trying to think what else I might have done to get a better shot at a place on the expedition but didn't really come up with much. I could make really ridiculous promises like singing or rowing a small canoe across the Atlantic if I won but let's get realistic here, I don't have a canoe and my voice isn't what it use to be.

I did consider making myself a snake suit of sorts and before any of you go bonkers, no I don't mean "out" of snake, heaven forbid - I will never approve of snake skin anything and I feel that practice should be outlawed - what I meant was an actual suit to transform me into a walking snake. Then I could sing and dance my way onto the trip since they would hear me singing about how I was just a lonely snake that wanted to go back to Africa to see my home. Ha. Now is that a great idea or what?

Ok fine. Stop with all the "or what's". I'm not doing it anyway. I have no idea how to sew a fabric snake suit and still be able to walk. Not to mention drive plus it would probably be very embarrassing at the airport. Besides, what would customs say, "No pets please" or "Say sister, you can't take that outta the country".

So I'm stuck trying to get a place on the team by actually having to write something of decent -hahaha- quality for a change and take photos of everything that moves. Ehhh, it's a shot.

1 Comments:

Blogger ericat said...

that was very short. sems you were just starting up, well... I will read the rest and see.
The closest to your snake is my very brief encounter with a rare mountain monitor in Namibia. The guy was on lower grounds seeking love after the good rains in the desert. care to see him? http://desertalive.blogspot.com/

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home